![]()
So, as Melissa said, we " accidentally" did 5 miles yesterday....I am actually thinking it was closer to 6 though. I went again today and paid closer attention to the markers. I did about 4 miles this time...and I was proud of myself. I was able to slow jog about half, brisk walk the other half. My knee is aching, and I have huge blisters on my feet. It is so much more interesting to go on this particular trail for me. I really feel part of nature. I also found something out today. I usually listen to pretty upbeat music...gets me moving. I uploaded some softer songs..still upbeat but more relaxing. I found that is when I was able to push it longer. I listened to Queen and David Bowie singing Under Pressure, while the creek babbled next to me. I actually sighed. After that, I listened to Daughtery singing my theme song. I'm going home. It was pretty nostalgic for me, as I have been away from home for 10 years. I watched the sun setting over my mountains, and felt at peace for the first time in a long while. It has been so stressful for me the last 6 months. Living in the in-laws basement...watching our house lose 25 thousand in value due to the economy...not selling said house....the list could go on. But, while I am out near God's mountains, I feel like I am invincible. I feel healthy, worth something. I feel like all my baggage, all my flaws disappear.
So, enough of that. Time for bed for the munchkins.....Sweet Dreams my losers.
~ Chris


1 comments:
Christi, I like to hear things like this from you! I'm glad you had a nice jog and were able to let the world off your shoulders for a bit...that that feeling with you into your everyday life! (sorry about the blisters...). I wish I were closer to go with you more often, I really liked that trail!
Post a Comment